Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation (Wabtec Corporation) is a leading global provider of products and services for rail and industrial markets. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars, transit cars and buses. In addition, Wabtec specializes in developing and creating power-related products for industries worldwide. For the convenience of our customers, we offer products and services through our network of offices around the world.
Wabtec South Africa was established in 2007 with the express intention of becoming a world-class manufacturing facility servicing the African continent. The Company’s head office, which houses a brake block manufacturing facility based in Spartan Johannesburg South Africa coupled with a brake unit assembly plant, located in Pomona –Kempton Park South Africa is an innovative and technological leader in the advancement of rail and related industrial products. Working closely together with our corporate worldwide operations, we ensure an unsurpassed service excellence level in Africa.
Our typical customer base in Africa who are also worldwide role players in the rail industry consist of:
- Transnet South Africa
- Prasa South Africa
- Vale (Mozambique)
- Transnamib (Namibia)
- Kenya (RVR)
- Zambia Railways
- CSR (ZELC)
- CFM (Mozambique)
Our accolades in motion:
- ECP implementation in place and expanding
- QES 3 control systems fitted to Locomotives in Africa
Our current plant and customer service capabilities include:
- FIPSA Brake Shoe Manufacturing
- Freight Slack Adjustor Repair Work Cell
- Electronic Equipment Repair; Fastbrake, ECP
- Assembling and testing of brake racks for new Transnet locomotives
- Warehousing of spare parts
- ECP fastbrake QES 3 support for TRE commissioning, upgrade installation kit.