At Wabtec you can enjoy exciting opportunities in several career areas:
- Customer Service/Sales & Marketing – Wabtec offers exciting opportunities in customer service and sales & marketing. Opportunities in these groups range from onsite customer service representatives to traveling around the world in support of building and strengthening customer relationships, as well as looking for new business development opportunities for Wabtec.
- Engineering - Invention and innovation are our lifeblood. Wabtec founder George Westinghouse received patents for 371 of his inventions. Nearly 150 years later, Wabtec engineers design products that advance the state of technology for rail transport safety, reliability and performance. Wabtec engineering careers span research and development, product design, reliability testing, electronics hardware and software development, systems integration, applications and project engineering. Engineers are the heartbeat of Wabtec.
- General Management - Our business units are led by General Managers who create the business strategy and operating plans that drive our growth. These men and women are responsible for all aspects of the business, including acquisitions, financial performance, commercial growth, manufacturing operations and product innovation. General Managers at Wabtec enjoy an entrepreneurial and autonomous work environment in which they drive the decision-making process and guide innovation and problem solving. General Manager roles require great skill when it comes to business strategy, operations and leading people.
- Human Resources - Our Human Resources professionals advise business leaders on decisions pertaining to the people we employ. Supporting a business with more than 12,000 employees worldwide, our Human Resources team members provide solutions in the areas of recruitment, employee development, performance management and employee relations. They also manage the HR operations and legal compliance work for the business.
- Operations – Our Operations team is integral to ensuring that the products we manufacture are safe, reliable and ultimately provide value to our customers. Around the globe, Wabtec shares a strong commitment to lean principles such as Kaizen and Value Stream Mapping which are essential elements of the Wabtec Performance System. Careers in Operations include engineering, planning, quality, environmental health and safety.
- Project Management – At Wabtec, Program Managers are the facilitators of projects impacting customers and internal Wabtec teams. They manage project activities associated with the definition, development, field testing, acceptance and/or rollout of products and services to customers. Program Managers own the project from order through delivery of the final product and are responsible for managing risks, achieving all budget commitments, and ensuring that the project is delivered on time.
- Supply Chain – Wabtec Supply Chain professionals are engaged in category management, strategic sourcing, supplier development, global logistics and purchasing $1.5 billion of goods and services for Wabtec locations worldwide.