Graham-White proudly introduces the SafeSet Locomotive Parking Brake. SafeSet is an automated electric motor driven system that also incorporates the standard manual interface found on lever style hand brakes. The primary operator interface is a control panel incorporating two push buttons: SET & RELEASE. In the event electrical power is unavailable, the operator simply uses the manual levers. In the manual mode of operation, SafeSet only requires 60% or less operator-input force than existing mechanical hand brakes. Contact Graham-White to learn more about this exciting advancement in locomotive braking solutions.
- Vertical Chain Force: 4,200 lbf nominal and 6,300 lbf nominal (force can be adjusted to meet customer requirements)
- Chain Take-Up Range: Unlimited
- Operating Voltage Range: 48 to 85 VDC
- Nominal Current: 20 Amps at 74 VDC
- Max Inrush Current: 180 Amps for 75 ms
- Duty Cycle: 11 to 15 seconds
- Maximum Chain Speed: 2 inches / second
- Temperature Range: -40 deg. F. to 122 deg. F.
- Transient Protection: +/- 600 V FWHM 5 ms
- Reverse Polarity Protection: Yes
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Patent #: 6,427,811 B1